Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Social


It's been a while since I have linked up with Neely for Sunday Social but this week has some great questions in it.

1. What is the name of your blog and how long have you been blogging?

The name of my blog is called My Beautiful Life. I believe that while life is messy, it is also beautiful and that we each have a purpose that God has given each and everyone one us to live out on this earth. I have been blogging since August 9, 2012 and its amazing to see all that God has done so far!

2. Why do you blog?

I blog for two reasons: I blog to encourage others and because I love writing. FIrst of all, I love encouraging others and a blog is an easy platform to reach multiple people. The Bible also calls us to encourage and build one another up in Christ. so that is what I etend to do with my blog. I want to build others up and I want this place to be a safe place for pople to come to express themselves.  The next part is taken from This post I LOVE expressing myself through words. I have been told that I have a way with words and I really enjoy expressing myself through poetry and love to write poems about events or how I am feeling.

3. What is your favorite post that you wrote in 2012?
My favorite post that I wrote in 2012: A poem called A voice for the VoicelessI wanted to take the time in that particular poem to explain the fact that disabilities  should not get in the way of life and that everyone deserves to have a voice no matter what their life circumstance is. I got a huge response to this post and I even got recognized by Joni Erickson Tada and Lauren Barlow after they read my poem. I also shared this poem when I won a scholarship in early October and everyone afterwards said that it was a great poem.

4. What are your blogging goals for 2013?

I want to worry not so much about the numbers of people that read and comment but I want to focus more on blogging my thoughts for me to look back over. I want to also focus on being honest and maybe trying to tackle some hard topics in future posts (like abortion). But above all, I want God to be glorified in this blog!

5. What is the first blog you ever followed?

Uhh I don't have any idea, maybe Much Love, Illy. She is a beautiful lady who blogs about daily life with her new hubby, fashion and anything else that is on her beautiful heart!

6. What are your top 3 favorite blogs to follow?
This was REALLY hard to narrow down since I follow probably over 200 blogs but here are my top 3:
Much Love, Illy
Krista Phillips 
The Wiegands

Be sure to check out these AMAZING blogs!

Happy Sunday!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!:) I'm here returning the favor. I love your reasons for blogging, and I think it's awesome that you are trying to worry less about the number of followers you have. I think we all should do that!:)

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)