Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A voice for the voiceless


My twin sister and I 




I want to speak up
for those who can't talk
can't walk
can't see
can't interact

there were so many can'ts in that sentence
why not focus on what a person CAN do?
I am sick of this society
pushing us aside
like we don't matter

we do matter
we do have a voice
we were created in the image of God
we are loved and cherished 
we have a life
God has a plan for our lives
we were placed on this earth for a reason

I have a disability
it is part of my life
and something I will fight for
until there is change
till we are recognized 
not just in this country
but around the world

We just want to be loved
have friends
and treated like a normal person

Please look beyond our inabilities
and look at our abilities
look at our hearts
look at what we have
not what we don't have

Just because I have a DISability
doesn't mean that I don't have other amazing abilities
that God has blessed me with 

I have a voice
and I will use it for the voiceless


10 comments:

  1. Jess, is this a poem by you? I love it. I want to share with my groups, may I? please tag it with your name or whomever wrote it. (hoping it's you ;) xo Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wrote this. You are free to use it in whatever way you like just please give me credit and include my blog

      Delete

    2. Jessica,

      This is so beautiful. No words could be more true. You are a very special young woman.
      Love,
      Wendy & Brandon Family

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem. Thanks for stopping by, now following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica.
    What a beautiful blog and a beautiful heart :) Seriously touching. Thank you for visiting my blog yesterday sweet gal!! Come visit again soon! :) xoxoxo
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. Sometimes, we all need to think this way. Look beyond the outside and really shine on the inside. It was very inspiring to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your beautiful comments. They mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Also, I love the layout of your site! --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)