The Trinity Community experienced a huge loss when we lost our director of the marketing Department this week. Wayne Kijanowski earned his seminary degree through our seminary in 1991 so he has been with the school for a long time and touched many ways. One of the ways that I process my grief through writing. I hope that you enjoy this piece that I have written to honor my friend Wayne.
Reflections on a life well lived: Wayne Kijanowski
How does one react when one who is loved is taken to be with the Lord so suddenly? tears, questions and anger? I have experienced all of these things over the past three days. I could just stay in a state of anger and questions. But thankful I don’t have to because as Christians we grieve with hope. Like it says in 1 Thessalonians 4, We grieve with hope because we will see those we love again in heaven.
Wayne was a man who loved and loved well. He truly cared for and loved his students, employees and everyone that he came in contact with. He was the hands and feet of Jesus and he shined the light of Christ with each step.
I had the privilege of having Wayne for class my junior year of college. I had him for photoshop and Indesign which are both graphic design programs. I am a communication major but I needed to take those classes as part of my major.
I remember the first time that I met Wayne during my night class, he was so kind and accepting toward me and everyone that he met. He told us stories in class about ways that the Lord was working in his life. He also told us his testimony which was amazing.
Wayne LOVED Jesus. He loved his students and his employees but he LOVED Jesus more. He was a great designer but he was also an amazing example of what our lives should look like as Christians.
Wayne LOVED Jesus. He loved his students and his employees but he LOVED Jesus more. He was a great designer but he was also an amazing example of what our lives should look like as Christians.
Wayne was a man of extremely faithful prayer. One of his phases that he always liked to use was prayer works. He and his wife, prayed for each and every student every single day. At the end of the semester, we would present our final work and then we had a small party with cheese cake and candy. Wayne would take each of us aside and he would share with us how much he enjoyed having us in class and how much we had grown. He would then hand us a hand-written note and a small design project that he made for us. I will always remember how he took the time out to talk to each of the students.
I would come into the design department to talk to Wayne often and to see the other employees that worked there. No matter what, Wayne would ALWAYS stop and talk to me sometimes for twenty or thirty minutes. I was never wasting his time, he truly loved and cherished interacting with students. I remember the last time that I came in there a few weeks ago, he stopped what he was doing and welcomed me in and we had a nice chat. I don’t remember what it was about but I just remember how much I enjoyed talking to him. I would always walk away from our conversations with joy in my heart and a feeling of acceptance and love. Wayne was truly an amazing man. He touched so many lives and his legacy will live on.
I am so thankful that I got to know Wayne and that he was part of my life and that he impacted my life. I have never known another man who loved Jesus more than Wayne. Thank you for setting such a beautiful and precious example of what it is truly like to be Christ-like.
Wayne would always say “Blessings Friend” as you were leaving his office.
So in Wayne’s words: Blessings friend! I am sure that you are dancing with Jesus. I imagine that you have a huge Mac lab up there in heaven and you are getting to work on all of the projects that you never had time for here on Earth.
You will be missed, precious friend.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)