Monday, April 13, 2015

Choose Beautiful


Last week, I saw a beauty campaign that Dove did called "Choose Beautiful" You can watch the campaign below:


The campaign really got me thinking how our culture defines beauty. We have such a warped sense of beauty and we focus so much on the outer appearance. I looked at every single woman in that video and I thought "oh they are really beautiful" and yet most of them decided to walk through the average door. I would be the first to tell you that for years I struggled with my body and self image and still do. It took me years to come to a place where I was okay with calling myself beautiful and I did not change my mindset until early in my college career.

What does that tell you about our culture and how we are teaching our girls to think. Is beauty about the latest and greatest make up? the latest clothes and hair style? 

I believe that beauty begins with the heart. As a Christian, God says that we are always beautiful no matter what. 

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)

For the last few weeks, I have had a song by Francesca Battistelli called "He Knows My name." on repeat. It has been such an encouragement to me and I wanted to share it with you.

The song talks about how God knows our names and that we don't need our names in lights or fame because he cares about us even without all of that extra stuff that life tells us that we have to have in order to be successful women in today's society.


Sometimes it can take a lot to through off all of the things the world tells us, but I want to remember four simple truths when you feel like the world as a woman is too much to handle:

You are NOT average.


You are BEAUTIFUL.


You are WORTH IT.


You are LOVED.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)