Wednesday, October 2, 2013

World Cerebral Palsy Day

Today I get to celebrate a very important part of me. My disability. CP. and to honor that I wanted to share a poem that I wrote about a year ago. my heart's cry for the disabled community.


Be proud of you. be proud of yourself and the gifts that you have been given. You are beautiful. you are not a mistake.


my poem is called "A voice for the voiceless. I wrote it on September 25, 2012

A voice for the voiceless


My twin sister and I 




I want to speak up
for those who can't talk
can't walk
can't see
can't interact

there were so many can'ts in that sentence
why not focus on what a person CAN do?
I am sick of this society
pushing us aside
like we don't matter

we do matter
we do have a voice
we were created in the image of God
we are loved and cherished 
we have a life
God has a plan for our lives
we were placed on this earth for a reason

I have a disability
it is part of my life
and something I will fight for
until there is change
till we are recognized 
not just in this country
but around the world

We just want to be loved
have friends
and treated like a normal person

Please look beyond our inabilities
and look at our abilities
look at our hearts
look at what we have
not what we don't have

Just because I have a DISability
doesn't mean that I don't have other amazing abilities
that God has blessed me with 

I have a voice
and I will use it for the voiceless



2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)