Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thankful for 100 things





Taken the other day by my beautiful friend Vanessa in the midst of a study date at Starbucks. 
I have been thinking lately about being thankful and being thankful for what we have. Here are 100 things off the top of my head that I am thankful. This list is inspired by the book 1000 gifts by Ann Voskamp. In her book, Ann talks about how we should be thankful for the little things in life and all through out her book she able to come up with 1000 things that she is thankful for. So I figure if I can come up with 100 things that I am thankful for then I am well on my way to 1000 :) I will say that coming up with this list has really made me more joyful and just has put me in a better mood. I believe that when you are able to focus on the things that you do have as opposed to what you don't have, you are happier and you are more thankful and those two things, make for a more happier and fulfilling life. As a Christian, when I am more thankful then I find more joy and I am able to use my life to glorify God better. But even if you are not a Christian, being thankful is something that can completely turn your day around.

Without further ado: I am thankful for....

1. A God who loves me no matter what.

2. A family who cares for me and loves me

3. music to listen to and connect with

4. Sunsets

5. books to learn from and books to read for fun

6. my mother without whom I would literally not be here

7. This blog. A place where I can share my thoughts and my hearts

8. Writing. the ability to share and express thoughts.

9. My twin sister. I love her

10. My internet friends. You all are a blessing to me.

11. My in real life friends: so many memories we share together and so thankful that you all are my sisters in Christ

12. Skype. I can keep in contact with friends near and far

13. my dog. he brings a smile to my face.

14. Babies. oh. they just make me smile so much and I cannot wait to become a mother some day :)

15. Clothes. So simple yet so needed.

16. food. so many don't know where they are going to get their next meal from.

17. A christian university to attend and study at.

18. two legs to walk with

19. two arms to use

20. my disability

21. Dr. Lindholm: What a blessing this particular professor has had in my life. She has taught me the value and power of public speaking.

22. My friend Rachel: She always has a smile on her face and has such a caring and beautiful spirit.

23. Heather: My mentor. So thankful for you friend.

24. Jenny Simmons: Girl, you are a blessing to me and so many others. Keep doing what you are doing and impacting the world with your music.

25. A computer to type out all of my thoughts, connect with others and complete homework on.

26. two jobs. Both of which I LOVE and I am so blessed to have.

27. BarlowGirl: This made was so formative in my life. I could go on for hours about the impact that they have had on my life.

28. The Influence Network -- Click the link and be blessed.

29. blogging friends: You all are so beautiful and special to me and I am So thankful to have "gotten to know" you through your blogs. Some of you, I feel like you are my real friends and I truly know your stories.

30. A nose to smell with, eyes to see and ears to hear with

31. The opportunity to share with my classmates last week about my disability

32. Lessons that God has been teaching me.

33. Joni Eareckson Tada-- what a blessing she has been in my life over the years

34. Family retreats: A time for families with disabilities to come and be refueled for life ahead.

35. My RA Sarah: She is such a blessing to me and so many others. She is an amazing daughter of the king and I am so blessed to call her a friend and a sister in Christ.

36. My suitemates, Suzanne and Michaela-- you both are huge blessings in my life. <3

37. Apple support care-- thankful for people who know WAY more about computers than I ever will.

38. My hair-- I love my hair and love how long it is. But I realize there are those out there who are battling cancer right now and don't have their own hair.

39. My purity ring

40. Traveling--I have gotten to see the US and I cannot wait till I am able to see more of the world.

41. missionaries: I have so much respect for those who go and share about the Love God has for them and sometimes risk their lives to do so.

42. twitter-- A place to connect with awesome people and share thoughts in 140 characters or less

43. Gospel choir: It has been an honor to be part of our choir this year and I cannot wait to see what else the Lord has in store for us.

44. Lights to read and work by.

45. Laughter

46. The ability to cry and feel sad.

47. New friends

48. Nail polish

49. The fact that God is with us always.

50. My phone: to connect with those who are near and far.

51. Hope: no matter what, you still have hope and hope in Jesus Christ.

52. Jesus died for MY SINS. wow.

53. Starbucks

54. Coffee: Happy National Coffee day!

55. the fruits of the spirit and an amazing pastor who preached on them this past summer.

56. The fall weather that is starting to appear

57. finger to type with and experience life with

58. A beating heart

59. tenderness in my heart that the Lord has given me for others.

60. mission trips

61. Braces to correct my teeth

62. grandparents who pray for and love me

63. professors who care for and pray for me

64. parents who taught me about God, cared for me and loved me as I grow into the woman that the Lord desires for me.

65. sleep: The ability to rest at night.

66. Rest: The ability to de-stress and take time to focus on myself and not school

67. prayer

68. A free country where I can pray and praise God

69. A president: who can lead our country. Because I sure couldn't lead an entire country so I am thankful that someone can.

70. boots-- to keep my feet warm in the fall and winter

71. air conditioning and heat

72. patience. the Lord has been teaching me patience recently.

73. how the sun peeks through my window in the morning

74. the fall crisp air arriving

75. I get to see my family next week after not seeing them for about a month!

76. My baby cousin. She brings so much joy into my life.

77. Charlie-- no this is not a boy. Just a new friend who is a girl that  the Lord has blessed me with. your a blessing sweet girl and I am so honored to call you a friend and sister in Christ :)

78. My own room and own space to process life

79. hugs-- I love physical touch and the beauty of hugs.

80. Healthy-- been relatively healthy lately for which I am thankful

81. my testimony (which you can read HERE-- I don't have a huge testimony but its important and special because its the story of how God has been at work in my life.

82. My love for poetry. Here is my favorite poem. A Voice for the Voiceless

83. This song by the awesome band Love and the outcome.

84. pants. I feel so comfortable in pants and love how they feel on my body.

85. the ability to wash my clothes--some people only have one outfit. I have 100's.

86. perspective. sometimes perspective in life is helpful. like the fact that I am getting a college education, have food, a roof and just how blessed I am.

87. A church to attend

88. friends to talk to about anything: both online and in real life.

89. my brother-- He is so awesome and wise and I am so blessed to be his sister.

90. My favorite blogs: Casey Wiegand, Ilene, Jessi, and Mae

91. People in my life who are able to lift me up and encourage me

92. the spiritual gift of encouragement that the Lord has given to me to share and bless others with.

93. showers

94. money to bless others with

95. big dreams-- I cannot wait to see what God is going to do in my life

96. the ability write for a school newspaper even if some weeks are hard

97. A beautiful campus to live on

98.Sundays: to relax and get ready for the week ahead.

99. I MISS my mom's home cooking when I am at college.

100. The ability to be me: unique quirks and all. I am me: not a mistake and beautiful in the eyes of God and beautiful in my own eyes.
*****************************************
linking up with the beautiful Blair at wild and precious today.

12 comments:

  1. LOVE this list. I have that book literally sitting right next to me on my bedside table. I need to read it!! Have a beautiful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, deff check out the book by Ann! its amazing! let me know what you think when your finished!

      Delete
  2. what a great list! so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful exercise. We really do have so much to be happy for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Not a mistake and beautiful in the eyes of God and beautiful in my own eyes." SO BEAUTIFUL. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like that line too. I thought it was a perfect ending.

      Delete
  5. You have many great things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved that book! i need to start a list! i didn't know you had a twin! and i am so thankful for skype so I can see my niece and nephew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes its a beautiful book. I still haven't finished it yet and cannot wait to finish it. and yes skype is so great for connecting with family members.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)