Saturday, January 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday

Five minute Friday is an idea started by the beautiful Lisa. You blog about a word that she gives you each week and there is no editing or changing things. You just simply write for five minutes and don't stop.

So without further ado, I am going to write my first post. Yes this was supposed to be on Friday but yesterday was busy for me.

Word: Oppurtunity

There is something so sweet about the opportunity to do something or try something new. The opportunity to dive into the unknown. I think the biggest opportunity I have had in my life is the opportunity to serve. I served at a camp for kids with disablities and it was a really great. I really saw how God worked in that time and I loved connecting with all of the families. This spring I will have another opportunity to serve. I will be serving in New Year that was supposed to be new york (stupid no editing rule.) anyway, I am going to be serving in NYC and I am so excited for the opportunity to serve and to see what the Lord is going to do with me and my team. There is something so new and fresh about an opportunity. Something so beautiful about wanting and then actually taking that leap of faith to try soething new. I can't wait to go to new york but I am very scared. scared of the unknown and scared of the things i will face. There will be challanges but in those challenges I have an opportunity to overcome and to make a difference. I can't wait to see what kind of opportunities the Lord is going to bless me with on the trip. i am sure that it will be the trip of a lifetime.

Well there you have it my first five minute Friday. Again if you want to join in the fun you can check out Lisa's blog HERE

Happy Friday/weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely first post!! And I agree I just started working in the youth group and I was scared at first but now I am in love:) Praying as you go to New York

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post! This year I want to jump in with both feet to all of the God-given opportunities that come my way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)