I was featured HERE this week but I wanted to share the piece on my blog too.
As Halloween ends and November rolls around, we begin to think about Thanksgiving; but sometimes, our minds jump right to Christmas. It does not help that the stores give us this impression by putting some of the Christmas stuff out the day after Halloween. But sometimes it’s nice to take a minute to stop and really slow down and think about what we are thankful for.
I am thankful for small things. I am thankful for an education because there are so many children around the world who do not have an education. Yes, school may be challenging at times, but at least I am learning things and expanding my brain. I am thankful for a Christian University and that I have friends who lift me up in prayer and encourage me daily. I am so blessed by every single person in my friend group, and they have each made a different impact on my life.
I am especially thankful for a home right now. To all of you on the East Coast that are reading this, know that I am praying for you and I am so sorry about what happened, but I am glad that Hurricane Sandy is gone now.
I am thankful for my family and my extended family, because I would not be where I was today without their guidance and help.
But most of al,l I am thankful for life. I am thankful that God put me on this earth for a reason and that He has a plan for my life. He did not bring me from the brink of death when I was a week old for nothing. I am so excited to see what He has for me in the future and for what He is teaching me currently.
I am thankful for self-control, as I am taking a Facebook fast right now to focus on school. I started yesterday and it has been hard, but the Lord is faithful and I know that He will see me through.
I do not believe that we should take one Thursday in November to be thankful for things. I believe that we should take time to be thankful every day for life and the great things that we are blessed with in this country.
Read more at http://aiminglow.com/2012/11/mu-teen-thankfulness/#u4wd3Y2zcFjbzzls.99


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)