Thursday, October 18, 2012
A Blessing: Jenny and Tyler
What better way to top off a long slow week than with some amazing music?? I had the distinct pleasure of listening to Jenny and Tyler this evening. The duo is a husband and wife who have been married for five years. They have true hearts for the Lord and just love the Lord SO much. They are very simple people and very humble in all they do. Jenny is a sweet soul who is sort of shy it seems but she has the voice of an angel. Tyler has a beautiful voice and humble personality.
They shared with us about their love for each other which is adorable. They smiled at each other so much and it made my heart so happy to see a couple that was so madly in love. Their love for each other shown through their lyrics and the way that they gazed in each other's eyes. It was beautiful. I pray that if the Lord blesses me with a husband some day that my love for him is the love that these two had.
I loved how humble they were on stage. They were not afraid to make mistakes or be real. If you are an artist and you read this blog, you don't have to be perfect on stage. you are human and it is human to make mistakes. Furthermore, humans make mistakes. No one is perfect and the only perfect one is the Lord Jesus Christ.
They sang a bunch of really cute songs and they were just a really fun couple to hang out with for the evening. They have a heart for International Justice Mission which is an organization that helps those who are in forced slavery and sex and human trafficking. If you buy one of their songs on I-tunes called "The sound of silence," all of the proceeds from that song will go toward IJM. One of my favorite songs was about how Jenny and Tyler met and about a one-eyed cat.
After the concert, I got to meet them and I interviewed them for an article that I was writing for a school assignment. I got to share some of my testimony which was always encouraging. But then I got to do one of my favorite things. I got to pray for them. It was so great to pray for them ad I could feel the words that I was saying were from the Lord. It is so neat what the Lord has been doing in my life lately and I am so thankful for how he is working in my life. These are two beautiful souls who are just simply using their talents to glorify and honor the Lord all the while encouraging and blessing normal people like me. They don't have a record deal but they do have two albums out. And if you sign up for their email list HERE you can receive a 7 song free music download just for typing in your email. Overall it was a beautiful evening and their music was beautiful and so refreshing for my soul.
Jenny and Tyler, THANK YOU for coming to my school and for encouraging me in my faith. Thank you for allowing me to pray for you. I pray that the Lord blesses you more and that each day you wake up with a huger for him. I pray that the Lord will open more doors for you to play music and that you will eventually get a record deal. Please keep pursing what the Lord has for you. I hope that our paths cross again. Know that you will always be in my prayers. I pray that the Lord will bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and give you peace. May he comfort you in times of trouble and be with you as you rejoice or as you mourn. Thank you for touching my life. It is not about the music, even though its beautiful. What its truly about is where your hearts are and using your music and your words to impact me and others around the country and around the world. No words could express my Thanks. Many, Many blessings to the both of you, Jenny and Tyler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad you were blessed by my friends. They truly are amazing people.
ReplyDeleteyes they are such great people!
DeleteAmazing couple! Thank you for sharing their story!
ReplyDeleteYes they truly are. I can't wait to see them again! I am glad you like their music. If you sign up for their email list, you get a download of 7 free songs :)
Delete