Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Darkness of High School

Sometimes I let my mind
wonder back to those
awful four years of
sadness
emptiness
hopelessness

Lunches spent in bathrooms
halls walked alone
no friends to talk to
laughed at because of my faith
so I shut up
about life
I shut the world out

Sometimes I would prefer to forget
those four  years of life
but they are transformative
part of my testimony
yes they were hard
hell at times
but God used them
as part of my story

Without those four years
I would not be who I was today
I am stronger and more confident
because those four years of school
no amount of money
would ever make me go back in time
but I am thankful for the lessons I learned
but most importantly
I am thankful for what God did
how he was with me
every step of the way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)