Sunday, September 9, 2012

Disability

December 2011




Me at 3 weeks old--1 lbs 2 ounces



My life is
unique because I
was not supposed to live
born at 1 pound and 7 ounces
I fought for my Life
Doctors said I was not going to make it
God had other plans

He blessed me with a disability
yes a blessing
because I have had so many experiences
as a result of my disability

God has grown me into a beautiful young woman
I may be different
but that doesn't define
who I am in Christ
or who I am as a person
my disability shapes my life
in a beautiful way
My disability
leaves me unable to do something
but I am still able to do so much with my life

God has a plan for my life
and I REFUSE to let my disability get in the way

8 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful person Jess!!! And what a sweet little baby you were with your little bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful!!!
    thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are an amazing girl :) I admire the way you choose to see life! What a sweet baby picture with the pretty little bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Bailey! you are pretty amazing yourself. and I did not always choose to live this way, all happy and positive but God moved in my life and I have never been the same since. and yes the bow is pretty cute. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow!! What a great post!!! So inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)