Monday, September 17, 2012

Did you know?





Did you know that....


* Two million children are subjected to prostitution in the global commercial sex trade. (“Trafficking in Persons
Report.” United States Department of State. June 2010)


* 100 million additional girls will marry over the next decade. (International Center for Research on Women. 2011)

* 12.3 million adults and children in forced labor, bonded labor, and forced prostitution around the world; 56 percent of
these victims are women and girls. (“Trafficking in Persons Report 2010.” United States Department of State)

* According to ILO, there are an estimated 1.39 million victims of sex trafficking, both national and transnational
(“Trafficking in Persons Report 2009.” United States Department of State.)

Human Trafficking is happening in America (yes, you read that correctly) and all through out the world. This issue is not talked about because people are scared and don't know what to do. I went to a presentation this evening about the issues of human trafficking. There is not just sex trafficking that happens in the world. But there are other issues as well. I heard countless stories this evening about girls who were taken advantage of and who were abused by men who were sometimes 40 or 50 years their senior. One story stuck out to me.

A young girl was pregnant and she was working in the field until she went into labor. When it was time for her to deliver the baby, she went into her house and delivered the baby unassisted. A few hours later, her husband showed up to check out the sex of the child. Upon seeing that the child was a girl, he took the child and went a dug a hole for the baby. He buried her and left her to die. Thankful the grandfather of the child some how saw this going on. He dug up the child and brought her to a clinic and walked away. The nurse at the clinic heard the baby crying outside and went out to get it. She picked up the baby and upon seeing it was a girl, called a local pastor who came at got her. This little girl is now a thriving little three year old.

It breaks my heart that in other countries women are so taken advantage of. This issue of human trafficking needs to be taked about. As Christians, we need to step up to the plate and end this terrible epidemic.

All of the facts that I mentioned earlier are taken from a site called She is Safe. This organization goes into eight countries around the world and frees women and young girls from sex slavery and human trafficking. They then share the love of Christ with these girls and disciple them. The girls then have the opportunity to help others in their community gain the same freedom that they have received.

I am so thankful that God opened my eyes to this issue tonight.

If you can pray for these girls then pray that God would free them from the slavery and that they would be able to get help.

If The lord has laid it on your heart to donate then you can donate then you can do so here: She is Safe.

If you can start talking to people about the issue that is the first step. Hence why I am writing this blog.

I will continue to pray for those who are part of this human trafficking, both for the girls and the men and woman who traffic them


We need to be a voice for the voiceless.

Dear God,

I pray that you would free those who are the bondages of slavery. Break those chains and help them find help. connect them with someone from She is Safe or another Christian organization who can get them back on their feet. Help the families who are so desperate for money that they will sell their children into slavery without even knowing it. Help the families to see that when a man comes to their door and starts to talk about a better future and a job for their daughters. They would have the sense to question. Be with the She is safe staff and the field workers. Help them to be a light in the darkness. God, we pray for those who are traffickers. Those who hurt these beautiful girls and woman. I pray that you would soften their hearts and turn them toward you. Thank you for allowing me to hear this information tonight and for opening my eyes to this issue. Help me to use the information that I have gained tonight to your glory.

Amen.

9 comments:

  1. ugh, i hate these statistics - heartbreaking! 0 but i love even more how much God is using people to rescue so many of these broken people. thank you for sharing this, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem. I am so glad I went to presentation and heard about what is going on. Heartbreaking and yet encouraging that there are people who are helping. I may be one person, but I figured this blog post could be a start.

      Delete
  2. its really awful what some people are capable of....sick to my stomach. our prayers are with them

    nice and moving post

    ZARA gift card giveaway for $400 on http://fashion-a-holic.com/page/9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for commenting. yes it makes me sick that there are so many people in this world who aren't treated right.

      Delete
  3. It also breaks my heart with what Apple is doing to their employees over in China {and what the Chinese government is enforcing with the one child law} just to make someone's iPhone. The women are treated so horribly. Mandatory once a month pregnancy tests and women who are pregnant are taken away and forced through abortions even up at nine months gestation. The articles break my heart to have to know what it feels like to be carrying a child then have it ripped out and thrown in a bucket then sent back to the factory to work so that someone in America has their iPhone 5. It's just horrible all the trafficking and slaving the governments of other countries are doing to women.
    Here is an article about about how cruel China has become today: http://www.infowars.com/apple-corp-allows-forced-one-child-pregnancy-screening-of-its-employees-in-china

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. I was not aware of that. I will check out the article. Thank you for taking the time to comment and share that with me.

      Delete
  4. Wow. I was not aware of all that.

    Emma
    http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I am following your blog.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)