Monday, September 17, 2012

Community

There is something so beautiful about a community of people who come together to fellowship. I went to a bible study this evening at school and it was beautiful. It was an evening filled with fun, fellowship and laughter. It helped that I knew a lot of the girls beforehand and it was great to catch up.

I love the community that I have here at Trinity. I have so many friends who are so strong in the Lord and they are able to encourage me. I am also able to pour into their lives with love, encouragement and prayers. Community is something that Jesus valued in his earthly ministry. He wanted people to fellowship with others. He also had a lot of disciples that followed him around and wanted to gain knowledge from him.

One of the stories that really illustrates the value of community for me is the feeding of the five thousand.

13 "When Jesus heard what had happened, He withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.” 16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.” 17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.
21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children." (Matthew 14:13-21)

God used bread and fish to bring so many together. All of those people were able to share a meal together simply because Jesus preformed a miracle. It is so amazing to me that through the power of the Holy spirit Jesus was able to take something so small and use it for the good of others. 

In my own life, I am not trying to feed five thousand people or preform miracle because that is something that only God can do. What I desire to do in this life is build a community here at school. I want to show Christ's love to everyone here at school and really love on people no matter where they are at in their relationship with Christ. Even at a Christian school, there are students who are not Christian. But that does not mean that they do not deserve or desire fellowship. In all honest, they should be the ones that I as well as others on this campus are seeking out so that we can shine the light of Christ in their lives.
****************************************************************************************
Discussion: How has God used your life, testimony or a certain situation to encourage others? I would love to hear what God is doing in your life. 

If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus and are curious about what this is all about please don't hesitate to email me or contact me in some other form and I would more than happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Blessings Friends!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. don't know what i would do without community! so great how God made us relational beings and has called us to fellowship with one another. great post.

    jumped over to visit from your comment on sandy a la mode's blog!! great to e-meet you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment and for following along :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)