I just finished reading this awesome blog: Jenny's Blog.
she recently traveled to south sudan for a missions trip. She had an amazing experience but as she says in her blog she was scared. She was scared of the poverty and she wanted God to take her out of the country. But God had a plan for and protected her till the trip was over. Jenny's writing is so raw, honest, and vivid that I felt as though I was right there with Jenny. This post and other things this summer has opened my heart once again to want to go on a missions trip. After reading a post like the above, I feel guilty and blessed all at the same time to be sitting here at this computer. I am going back to school in about a week and there are some people who don't know if they are going to get another meal. 29,000 children die every. day. in this world. Children should not have to die because of lack of food. The disabled are casted aside and not seen as humans. There are so many sick and dying people. I know that our world is like this as a result of sin and a broken world. But it just makes me wish that I could forget about school and go help all of these hurting people. (Don't worry I love college too much to quit) I know that I can't help everyone in the world but I hope to some day go to another country and impact the lives of maybe one or two people. In the mean time, I donated to World Concern the other day. The organization is helping South Sudan become a nation. Transform a village
Won't you join me in sparing a few dollars or one starbucks coffee to help those in need?
Be Blessed.
Together we can transform a village.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)