Thursday, June 18, 2015

A milestone: May 16, 2015

On May 16, 2015 I completed one of my biggest accomplishments to date: I graduated college with a BA in communication and an emphasis in Ministry.

It was a momentous day and wonderful to spend it with the people that I love. The ceremony was beautiful and the speaker was incredible. I had an incredible time at college and I am so sad that it is over. But, I am thankful to live close so I can go back and visit. College was a time for me when I truly transformed from a girl to a young woman.

I came into college a scared little girl and I walked out about a month ago with confidence and my head held high. I had so many beautiful experiences that shaped who I am today. I am so glad and blessed that I studied communication and ministry two things that I am passionate about. I am thankful that God gave me a heart for those with disabilities and I cannot wait to see where God is going to lead me with that.

I am thankful for all of my amazing friends (you know who you are) and all of the professors that God blessed place in my life. But I am particularly thankful for my communication professor and advisor Dr. Lindholm. Man. I never knew that someone could bless me and help me in life as much as this amazing professor has. We quickly became more than just the typical student/professor relationship and I consider her one of my dearest friends. Dr. Lindholm has been a constant encouragement, prayer warrior and mentor to me during my four years at Trinity. God knew what he was doing when he put this amazing woman in my life. I told her recently that when I first started at Trinity, I decided that I was going to study communication based on the very first class that I had with her. She is such an excellent teacher and she truly makes the class material come alive with real-life examples and stories. She is an excellent public speaker and has encouraged me in that area too. I remember the first time that I was going to give a speech. I was so nervous for like a week and I went to her like every day and asked her if she would pray for me. She did so with a smile on her face and joy in her heart. This woman is one of a kind and I am so glad to have gotten the opportunity to know her. I have already seen her twice this summer and I am sure that we will continue to have many meetings over the coming years. (She is the one that is in the first picture with me.)


I am now trying to figure out what i am going to do post graduation. I have looked at a few options but still haven't been able to find a job. But I am trusting that God is going to provide something in his timing. I am continuing to learn and be reminded of the fact that my timing is NEVER usually God's timing....

without further ado, some shots from the day....


Dr. Lindholm and I
SO thankful for this woman and all that she has poured into my life over the past four years. She has been such a blessing to me. Her support, prayers and encouragement has been the main reason that I made it through college. I am so thankful for this wonderful friend and mentor. I am so thankful for the beautiful example of a Godly woman that she is to me. I am excited to see where God will take me in the future and I know that I am taking all that I learned about Jesus and communication with me as I go. Thank you so much for teaching me and teaching me about the value of communications in all aspects of life. You are a wonderful teacher and I am so blessed and honored to have learned from you!

My family is the best!

Acting crazy with my awesome parents!

So happy!

Me and the bro!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)