On a clear morning in March, I fought for my first breath into the world. At only 1 pound 7 ounces, I had a LONG way to go. I spent the first five months of my life in the hospital and I came home in August of that year. I had many other things that happened to me over the years as a result of my prematurity.
At one year old, I was diagnosed with cerebral palsy and that still affects my life to this day. But it doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do. I am now in college pursuing a degree in communication and I love it. I laugh at how the doctors thought I was going to die because while it was possible, God is the ultimate physician and he decided I was going to live and that I wasn't only going to live but that I was going to live a life for him.
Today on my 22nd birthday, I look back at all that God has done in my life and I look forward with great anticipation for everything that he has planned.




What a beautiful story. Happy birthday girlie!! Life is such a wonderful gift from God.
ReplyDelete