Friday, November 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Grace





Today, like many other friends, I am linking up with Lisa Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday

Today's word: 5 minutes on GRACE

When I think about the word grace, I think about Jesus. How much grace he had for us when his body was torn on a cross. How much grace he still has for us when we mess up every single day. He still loves us so much.

I also think about grace when I think about those around me. Those who have supported and loved me and how they extend grace to me when I mess up.

But, Human grace will never measure up to the GRACE that God can give.

I think about little babies and how they have grace for when their parents don't feed them on time. Okay, maybe they don't have a ton of grace when they are sleepy or hungary, but its a learning process.

Grace is something thats a learning process. Grace is something that is given to us by God and we are meant to give it to others.

Grace: Something that is given, not deserved.

Grace: Jesus





2 comments:

  1. Oh yes !!! Grace is freely given to us and meant for us to pass it on to others. I am learning as I get older how to accept Grace and give grace but at times it is still hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're so right. Given not deserved. And really, we all fail at grace so much. We have expectations and desires and it's hard to extend grace to others when we feel we deserve more or when we feel hurt or slighted or even when we are hurt by people. It's so easy to jump from that place to a lack of grace. And yet, God never does that with us. He is always there to pour it out over our faults and our sins and our pain. I think the more we begin to grasp the depths of His grace, the more empowered we'll feel to extend it to others. It's never easy but you're right, it's a learning process and we're meant to give it to others. Stopping in from FMF. Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)