Music has and will always be a huge part of my life and me. I love to sing. I sing every where: in the shower, in class, in the car. God and music are how I connect with the world. Music has a very positive effect on how we view life or can have a negative effect on how we we view ourselves. Growing up, I did not really listen to any secular music. We only listened to Christian music in our home and so that is what a grew up with and was comfortable with.
It wasn't until I got to college that I started to explore other types of music. I found that I like a few artists that aren't Christian but I mostly like Christian ones. I have found a new song from Katy Perry that I love. I thought that I wouldn't like her but when you hear this song, you may change your mind.
Unconditional
My FAVORITE band of all time is BarlowGirl if you haven't already guessed. I have written a few posts about them but THIS post that I wrote about BarlowGirl and the impact that they had on my life both in a positive way and a not so positive way was one of the hardest posts I have ever written. The last song that the girls recorded is by far my favorite of all the years that I have been a fan. There music changed my life, seriously. I would not be where I am today without these lovely ladies and their amazing hearts for the Lord and their beautiful songs. This song is called "Hope will lead us on."
One of the other artists that has had a huge impact on my life is Jenny Simmons. Jenny used to be part of a band called Addison Road and she has since gone on to be a solo artists. I have seen her in concert three times and I just love her heart for the Lord and her testimony of how the Lord has used her and touched her life is amazing. My favorite song by her is a song that talks about Heaven called "Heaven waits for me."
Music has changed and shaped how I view the Lord. Some songs that I know have gotten me through my worst days. But I know that in the end, its not the music its self that is speaking to me but the Lord speaking through the music. I am so thankful for all these artists who have worked to make a difference not only in my life but in the lives of so many millions of people.
Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.”
― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)