Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tip for the college Bound Student



Source


I am sitting back in my dorm room and I thought it would be a great time to share some tips for those who are going to be in college this fall or who need a reminder because those are always good too.

1. Get involved
During my Freshman year of college I did not involved much and I surrounded myself with my school work. Looking back, I know that I missed out on some great friendships and opportunities to meet people. So don't make the mistake that I did. Get involved with one or two clubs. yes your homework and grades are important, but college is also about meeting people and finding long-lasting friends.

2. Use your meal plan
your parents are paying A LOT of money for the meal plan (even if the food does suck) so use the meal plan because you won't want to waste your parent's money.

3. Do the readings
Do the readings that you are assigned because some teachers won't go over the readings in class and you may be expected to know the information for a test. I know the reading may not seem important but it is.

4. Don't bring your entire closet 
Girls and boys, you don't need EVERYTHING you own at college with you. Dorm rooms are SMALL. sure they fit a lot of stuff but they don't fit every single thing you own. Pack wisely and use things that will stack to conserve floor space.

5. your parents are just a call away
Even though you are now an adult and your in college, your parents do miss you and they will want to hear from you. I remember I called my parents at least once a week (ok maybe more) during those first few weeks. It's okay to call them just to say hi or if you need something. They will ALWAYS be there for you no matter what.

6. Be Yourself
Stay true to yourself and don't change for someone just to please them or to be friends with them. college is a time for growth and new experiences but that doesn't mean that you have to change your entire person and everything that you believe. Be you. Be who God created you to be!

If this is your first year or your fourth year, Good luck on this new beautiful new adventure that they call college!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)