Friday, August 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Small


1 lbs 7 ounces
3 months early
An early morning in March
I greeted the world 
But I came out fighting 
with my first breath
I was small
but there were 
big things and plans ahead

Fought for 167 days in the hospital
with blood draws
an eye surgery
and kissing the lips of death
at a week old because of mistake
in my medication

At a year old
two words
changed my parents lives
forever
cerebral palsy
I did not walk till I was 2
did not talk till the same age
so now I am making up for lost time
and I never shut up

I have had my struggles
and learning things has sometimes 
been hard for me
but I push through
and I don't give up 
very easily 

learning to ride a bike at 12
still don't drive
small things for most
but big for me

three surgeries in my life
one when I was 3 months old
one when I was 13
and the other when I was 11 
but without those surgeries I would not
be here today

I am proud of my accomplishments 
and I cannot wait to see what else God has in store for me
*******************************************
Linking up with Lisa Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday




14 comments:

  1. A beautiful summary of great accomplishment :) May God continue to bless you as you continue to achieve. I'm glad to have found your site today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post- what a precious picture! God is so good to us- so wonderful to see the determination and strength He has given you!


    FMF vistor-
    Emily
    www.weakandloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I was going to check out your blog Emily but I cannot seem to find it.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, friend. Bless you and your courageous spirit! My nephew has cerebral palsy. He's 27 now and has been wheelchair bound all his life. But he was honorary "manager" of the school hockey team.

    Praying for the big things I know God's has in store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats cool you have a nephew who has a disability too and CP at that :) I also have a twin who has CP too. thats so cool that he was included in the school's hockey team. I love when I and others are included in things like that even if we cannot participate like everyone else.

      Delete
  5. amazing! True miracle! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie and yes I guess we (my twin and I) were miracles I don't like to think that way because I dont want it to seem like I am above anyone else. the start of my story is different but its a part of my story just as much as someone else's story is.

      Delete
  6. Oh! I just got goosebumps. You are such a strong woman, you can do ANYTHING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, You make me smile! Thank you! I hope you have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  7. Powerfully beautiful. You are living testimony of the power of God! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing story! Now I want to read so much more! Glad I happened over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and inspiring...thank you for sharing, sweet sister. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)