Two Years ago
I would stand
and the mirror spits back
an image
I would like to
forget
to erase
I yearn to change things
that I cannot
I complain all the time
about how I look
and wish that I looked differently
Then a tiny voice whispers in my ear
the truth that is so hard to hear
amid the media and the clanging
of the world
the truth that says
I am beautiful
I am worth it
I am worthy
I am created by a creator
who loves me and who knitted me
in my mother's womb
and who loves me
no matter what
But it took me a LONG time believe
the truth
to take it for myself
Then two summers ago
one day I decided
to finally believe that truth
that I was beautiful
that I worth it
that I was created
with love and care
by a creator who loves me
more than I can ever fathom
I can now say that
I am beautiful
and sure I still have my days
we all do, as women
but I have finally decided
that God created me
exactly the way he intended
So you dear one, are created just the way
you are supposed to be
don't listen to what to media says
you are beautiful
you are perfect
and if you think you have imperfections
those are what make you unique and beautiful
Take heart in knowing that you are beautiful
and that you shouldn't fret about your body
because your body is yours
its unique
and its truly beautiful

As always, I love your poetry! :)
ReplyDeletei love this! what a beautiful poem!
ReplyDelete