Monday, February 4, 2013

Thankful

I don't think that one has to be thankful just in the month of November or for a day at the end of November. God has just given me a thankful heart and I have realized more and more that the people in our lives deserve thanks because I feel like a lot times, people are unappreciated.

I went up to the maintenance guys who clean our side walks for us and thanked them for keeping the campus clean and allowing us to not have to skate around the campus because of all the ice and snow.

I am thankful for teachers who are caring and who really pour into students. One of those particular teachers is Dr. Lindholm. She is my advisor and she helps me set up my classes but beyond that she really cares how I am doing in my life and in my other classes. The other day, we just sat down for like 45 minutes and talked about life and things related to college and the future. She always has been someone that I feel like I can go to when I need things and I am super comfortable talking to her. I have learned so much in her classes and have really enjoyed all of her classes. Not only does she teach the material, but she is really great at bringing in a Christian worldview with the points that she is trying to get across.

The snow has been so beautiful to me lately. What a beautiful reminder of the fresh starts that we sometimes get in life. As the snow tumbles down and coats the earth with its beauty, we have time to take in and reflect on our lives. I smiled this morning when I saw that it was snowing again. Yes, its very cold outside. But there is just something so beautiful about the snow covering the earth, especially the trees.

The president of our university is a really great man of God and I am so blessed to know him and the brief conversations that we have on occasion always make me smile.

Not everyone here is Christian but I am thankful for the Christian friends that God has blessed me with. Last night, I had a conversation with a friend for three hours and it was better than watching any sporting event.

I encourage you to take a minute each day and look back on the things that you are thankful for in your life.

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)