Sunday, February 24, 2013

Remembering

Tonight, I took some time to travel back down memory lane. God gave us memories so that we can store memories in our brain and bring them back up at random times and smile or laugh or cry or any other emotion that we have attached to that memory.

I looked at old pictures from high school and older. I remembered great times with friends and great times at my senior prom. I remembered things from when I was a child. I remembered everything that my mom has done for me and still continues to do for me by writing about her HERE.

There are two memories that stick out to me right now. The first was graduating from high school. I can still remember the elation and the fear as I received my diploma that day. Fear for the unknown and the fact that I was finally going to have to leave the home that I had lived in and move away from home. But also elation that the four years of high school were behind me and that I could finally start the best four years of my life, as some would say.

The second was a plethora of memories from high school. The fun times I had. The crazy things that we did. the sleepoevers that I had with friends. Those times are over now. I don't really talk to my high school friends that much anymore. It is not to say that we aren't friends anymore, but we have sort of gone our separate ways. we may see each other on our breaks and other times but I have come to the realization that people grow distant and that is okay. high school is a season. college is a season. sometimes its hard to enjoy the season that I am in. But I am truly trying to embrace where I am and not think about the past or future. But I am trying to be present in the moment, remembering but still remaining present.

I am thankful for the memories that God has given me through out my life. I cant wait to see what other memories I create in the rest of my college years and beyond.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)