Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

A few things that I have been thinking about lately:

CT- still praying for those beautiful families of the children who were lost and yes also for the family of the shooter. Even though he did something so terrible, his family is still experiencing a great loss. I just can't imagine loosing your child to violence like that.

President Obama- I have made it a practice in the past to pray for our President daily and I need to start again.  I pray that they have wisdom to do all of the things that they need to do and that they would make decisions and pass bills that will help our country as a whole.

How blessed I am- I am so blessed to be at a christian school and have a great group of christian friends who love and care about me. I have loving parents and a great family that care about me tooI also have a great job that I love and really enjoy. sometimes I take this things for granted but lately have been trying to remember how blessed I truly am. Even the fact that I am sitting in a dorm room and that I am able to get a higher education is a true blessing. The fact that I am able to have 3 meals a day and snacks is amazing as well. As Americans, we dont really realize how blessed we are and we constantly want more and more and more. But sometimes its okay to just stop and be happy with what you have. Take pleasure in the little things of this beautiful life.

Adoption- I dont know why but I have been thinking about this a lot. I guess I have read some amazing blogs about people who have recently adopted children and I can't wait for my turn some day. I have decided that as of now I don't want to put my body through birthing a child. Although it is a beautiful and natural thing and something that God created our bodies for, my heart lies else where. There are so many children who are already born who need loving and blessed homes. I know that I am jumping way ahead of myself in that I don't plan to have kids till I am married so probably in the next 10-15 years. but I love to dream about that day when I will become a mom. I guess I just have to do a few things first like find a boyfriend, date him, and marry him :-) I really have a heart for the disabled since I have a disability myself and because of my connection with Joni and Friends which is a non-profit Christian organization that serves those with disabilities.  so I would LOVE to adopt children who have disabilities since I know that those children dont get homes as easily as the ones who don't have disabilities. This plan is of course my own and I want my plan to match up with what God has for me, so we shall see. Whatever God has for me will be amazing!


Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun.
(Psalms 37:3-6)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)