Movies are some of my favorite things. I like to go inside another story for a bit and pretend that I am in a different world. Often times things are not really what they seem. The movies make things seem unrealistic. But there are a few real gems that actually explain how things would go in "real life" I just finished "Life as we know it." The film stared Holly and her friend Messer who find themselves taking care of a young baby, Sophie after her parents both die in a car accident. The movie depicted the true issues that couples have with kids. They were both new at taking care of kids and did not know at all what they were doing. But in the end, the baby brought them closer together instead of far apart. That part might be a little unrealistic but I think it was a sweet movie and they did a really good job of trying to represent things in a way that was accurate. I thought that I would not like the film at first but as it played out, I really enjoyed it. It was a feel-good movie and it left me with a good feeling. I guess that is the point of movies, to bring you inside the story and then send you away with a happy heart. This movie is one of the few times when I would say that Hollywood did a good job.
Honestly, This movie made me seriously consider having kids some day considering what this couple struggled with. Granted it would be a little different if they were married and weren't awkward friends. But still, babies are cute and all but they aren't easy. The one scene portrayed this statement very well. Sophie was having a hard night so they took her on a "quick ride in the car" which lasted all night. The couple then had to get up the next day and preform their normal duties despite having not slept the night before.
But I think that when the time is right, the Lord will grant me with kids, sleepless nights and all.
Have a blessed week!

Yes, having a baby there are so many sleepless nights and its so very hard. It can even break up couples because when there is no sleep, there is stress. Then there are fights. It takes a lot to get through it all. I know I have had a migrane for days now because of no sleep. When the baby is finally asleep, my body is too awake and once I am able to fall asleep, he is right back crying again. It is not easy and yes, it sucks so bad when you have to get up and go to work and act normal after night after night of no sleep. No matter even if the dad is up helping, it's still a struggle. But babies are worth it and it passes. But I don't think anyone ever said having children was easy. I sure know it is not
ReplyDeletethis statement is exactly why I don't want to have kids. im sorry your having such a rough time. I think I like my sleep a little too much. But I suppose I could sacrifice it for a like 18 years or something :) know that I am praying for you and I am hoping that things get better!
DeleteI love that movie, it's a personal favorite of mine.
ReplyDelete