Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Power of Prayer

God has really given me more confidence in my ability to pray to him. He has invited me into this beautiful relationship and conversation with him. It is so great to see the journey that he has taken me on even in the last month since I have gotten to school.

God has opened the doors for me to pray for friends and for my family. He has given me the courage to ask others if they need prayer. I just finished praying for a friend. I want you to know that there is POWER in the spoken word. Yes prayers can be silent. But there is something so beautiful about really be vulnerable and opening your heart up to God, letting his words be your words. Letting the words of your lips come from him and him alone.

Praying for people can sometimes be scary but its also so rewarding. you not only bless the other person with your words but you are also blessed because God is using you in such a simple way. your prayers don't have to be perfect because we are in no way perfect. your prayers just have to be from the heart. Your prayers are conversations that you and God have. My heart overflows with Joy and I can't help but pray for people because it not only blesses me but it also builds my faith. Especially when I see that the prayers that I am praying are being answered. that is when I get really excited because then I know that God is really listening to me. But then there are days that I feel as though he is not listening or that he does not care. But on those days, I still keep praying because I know that he still wants to hear from me even if I don't feel close to him. I want to encourage you that if you don't feel like God is listening to you or that you are not getting the answers to your prayers, He is there. He is listening. He will answer. Don't stop praying. He is walking right along side you in this journey we deem life.

He loves when you talk to him just like any human friend loves to hold conversation with you. Converse with God as you go through out the day. Give him your cares and worries and celebrate when things are going well. He loves you and has a plan for your life, your beautiful life.

Dear God,

Thank you for all that read this blog. Give them a spirit of courage and a hunger for prayer. Help them to yearn for you. Thank you for the gift of prayer and for your son who died on the cross so that we could have a direct relationship with you. Thank you for giving me the courage to pray for others when I am with them and in my personal quiet time. I pray for every single person that reads this blog that you would just bless them this weekend. I don't know all of their stories but I just pray that you would meet them exactly where they are at in their relationship with you. I pray for those that don't know you that you would break their hearts and open their eyes to a need for you. I pray that they would seek out someone that they can talk to or if they feel comfortable contacting me that you would give them the courage to do so. Thank you again for the gift and power of prayer. Thank you for accepting us exactly as we are broken and beautiful.
Amen.

7 comments:

  1. I've gone up & down & back & forth on prayer; Haven't we all? :0)
    I remember one of the biggest changes for me was when I learned to pray "small" prayers "according to my faith" as opposed to "big" prayers that I felt like I "ought to" have the faith for... I felt like prayer was *real* for the first time! Instead of praying that God would dramatically save someone, I would pray that he would give them one moment of clarity and light to see the Truth. I had much more faith in that, and prayed much more often; and that improved my relationship with God!
    Now, lets pray for the Browns together! See ya at the throne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your honest and heartfelt comment S. All of what you said rings true. Prayer is amazing but sometimes we forget to pray for the small things and just focus on the big things. God wants to hear about everything that we have going on. Not just when we need help or something.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful post! I was so moved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)