Monday, October 22, 2012

Random Monday Thoughts

I am sitting here "patiently" waiting for my new phone to charge so that I can use it! It is not a smart phone but it better than the piece of junk that I currently have.

One a more serious note: We had a fashion show today in place of our normal chapel service. We talked about beauty and about true beauty and then there were lovely young women who modeled business clothing for us from Banana Republic. It was a really cool event and I posted the following on my facebook page:

We spend so much time preparing our outside beauty but how much time do we spend preparing our inner beauty and our heart? 

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)


Something to think about. 



Prayer request: Lastly, I found out that a friend of mine from high school was in a really bad car accident last night. I don't know of his condition but please pray for healing and for his family. I don't know if he is a christian either. I did not know him that well but he was someone I talked to sometimes and he was a really sweet guy and I feel so bad that this happened to him.

Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. found your blog via twitter
    its great that your school took the time to talk about true beauty but not neglect outer beauty, and still focus on what matters most!
    i will be praying for your friend, and i am following your blog now,
    looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was a wonderful event! Thank you for the prayers for my friend and also for following along. I returned the favor!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessica! I love that you think about this. You know what is super weird? I just wrote a very long blog post titled "What makes a woman beautiful" all on the topic of true beauty. We are thinking alike this week! Love it:)

    http://thedwellingtree.blogspot.com/2012/10/baby-beautiful.html

    Praying for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Tiffany!! and yes we are so alike. I plan to write a full post on it later this week or some time soon. thanks for the prayers for Peter. I will deff make sure to check out your post!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)