Thank you God for today. Help me me to live today for you and not take it for granted. We run through our days with so much change and difference. You God are the same no matter our circumstances, our trials or our joys. I also find that we don't say thank you enough. We are very selfish and want, want, all the time. Requests are good. But there is a verse in the Bible that says that we should come to you with all kinds of prayers and requests WITH thanksgiving. So Today I am thankful for....
* My job-- It may not be a lot of hours at the minute but I know that is where God wants me and he has me there for a reason.
y
*Trinity- God placed me here for a reason. I am so thankful for my Christian education. I have a professor who basically spends the entire class preaching at us every day. He is so encouraging and I love how on fire he is for good.
* My Friends-- I don't know where I would be if it were not for my friends. They have made such a huge impact on my life. I am thankful for every single one of them, no matter how big or small of an impact they have made. I love that God created us to be in relationships with others so that we can build one another up and encourage one another. Yes relationships are hard but there is so much beauty in them as well.
* My dog-- He such a loving and fun dog and I miss him a lot.
* Nature-- I love that God created so many beautiful things. Flowers, trees, and animals are just so amazing and sometimes I am just in awe of what God created.
*Life-- I am thankful for this life that I am living. I am thankful that when I fall, God is there to pick me right back up again. He just doesn't leave me in the dust but we walk together, hand in hand. God love will never fail me. He loves me so much that he died for my sins AND he died for EVERYONE's sin in the ENTIRE world. WOW. I know this but I have been reminded this week of what a powerful and great God that we serve. We have a God that is like no other religion. And we don't have a religion but we are able to have a relationship with him. wow. We are able to have a relationship with the person who created us, I think that is pretty sweet.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."
Be Blessed. Be encouraged!
Happy Thursday!

You write so beautifully Jessica!
ReplyDeleteThose are such wonderful things to be thankful for! And in this world we do always just want, want, want. We need to take a step back and be thankful! :)