Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Simple Acts





Me bubbling
c/o: Cliff Williams
Simple Acts in life CAN make a difference. On Sunday, I went Bubbling with a few friends and one of my professors from school. Let me just say, don't google this because it is not what you think. We took bubbles and wands and simply went with the intention of making people smile.  We went down to Chicago and we stood on a street corner and blew Bubbles. It was really fun and a really interesting experience. I wasn't sure what to expect at first since I had never done it before but after a while it was really fun.

Most of the people ignored us and just walked past us. A few people thought we were nuts and smiled at us. A few other people said thank you. A far amount of people smiled at us as they passed. Children loved to run and catch the bubbles. It was so cute to see the kids enthusiasm when they were running after the bubbles.

We had two really interesting experiences. The first was two girls who took pictures of us for their photography project. The title of the project was called "Someone we just met." It's weird to think that my face is going to be in some random girl's photography project. But also kind of cool to think that we made it into a piece of someone else's life.  The second experience was a guy who was walking across the street toward us. He asked if he could join us in our fun and we said yes. He stayed and blew bubbles with us for about 10-15 minutes and then said he had to go. It was really fun to have a random person join us.

Simple acts in life and of kindness can make a difference. We just blew bubbles for two hours on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and warmed the hearts of many who passed. God calls us to show kindness to everyone and even though we don't have a political or religion agenda by any means, I believe that I was shinning Christ's light while having fun. 

I encourage you to go out of your way and impact the life of someone today. It can be a really simple act such a smile or something bigger. But we are called to be in relationship with one another. So I encourage you to do just that. Build relationships with those around you and make a difference in someone else's life. It won't just make the other person happy, but it will also make you happy.

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men;" Colossians 3:23

4 comments:

  1. You are too cute!! You impress me everyday with your kind heart and outlook on life!! You inspire me!! Lots of love from Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is something I'm going to take my children to do! What a great way to let them make a little difference! We teach them to try to make people smile, and that its the "little things", what better way to exemplify it than bubbles! Thanks for the great idea :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is something I'm going to take my children to do! What a great way to let them make a little difference! We teach them to try to make people smile, and that its the "little things", what better way to exemplify it than bubbles! Thanks for the great idea :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)