Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beauty of Nature



© Jessica Ebersole Photography 

© Jessica Ebersole Photography 


© Jessica Ebersole Photography 


© Jessica Ebersole Photography 

© Jessica Ebersole Photography 

© Jessica Ebersole Photography 



Falls dares to make an entrance 
while summer flirts with his last dance
winter drops hints
to remind us that its not far off
spring is a distant memory
tucked away
till its time of return
the air is crisp
with the promise 
of jeans and sweaters to keep us warm

The trees respond
by releasing beautiful colors
for our eyes to gaze upon
red, yellow, and orange
dot the earth
for a few months
until the hints of winter
become a reality

the trees are bare
ready for the gift of snow
the snow that is like that 
of Jesus
Jesus who washes our sins
with his blood
the snow greets the ground
with its fluffy mixture 

The birds and bears
go into a deep sleep
until the arrival of next year
summons them

The snow comes 
with promise of new life and love
promise of a new season
filled with expectation
and excitement 
of the future

6 comments:

  1. love your blog:) following you now from Mae's blog, I read your poem there...xo Melodee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for so much for following and commenting. Blessings!!

      Delete
  2. I was just reading Mae's blog and thank you so much for reading blogs from Operation Fabulous and reaching out to her. May God bless your kindness and friendship!

    Julie @ Naptime Review
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem!! Thank you for commenting :) Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Jessica! I am sooo impressed with your writing ability! Your poem over on Mae's blog was beautiful. And then I come over here ... and find even more beautifully written posts (not to mention gorgeous pictures). Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)