Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Heart


Source





I have always had a heart for service and for serving others. But this week my eyes were opened to the amount of need that there is in this world. So many people live on a dollar a day or less. I don't know if that is the correct statistic. But I do know that I am SO incredibly. I am getting a higher education at a Christian school. I have amazing parents who care about and love me. I have amazing siblings too.

I know that there is brokeness in the world because of sin. But that doesn't change the fact that my heart doesn't ache and break for these people. They are human too and they deserve to be taken care of and loved on no matter how short or long their life is. Sometimes I question why God lets people live in poverty. I know that the sunday school answer would be that God has a plan. and yes I firmly believe that God has a plan but that doesn't mean I still don't have questions.

I know that whatever I do in this life, I want to do it for the glory of God. There are too many hurting people for us to just sit back and watch. Ideally, I would like to on a missions trip and serve the people that way. I would love to go into missions full time if that is where God leads me. But I want to honor God and the plan he has for me.

That being said, I asked myself what I could do now. I am in school but I can still make a difference even if it just small. I am going to start collecting change for kids. The bags are made in hand-made in Africa and then shipped here. The money that is donated by friends or family or whoever is then given back to the babies and moms that are involved with the organization.

This cause really tugged at my heart because I am a HUGE baby fan. I love babies. When my friend came and presented on her organization earlier this week, it broke my heart to know that there were babies dying around the world. and that I could do something with just my spare change.

you can find out more information here: Coins for Kids

If you can't give, please pray for these women and children. Pray that God would protect these beautiful children from disease and hunger. pray for the moms as they provide for their children. pray for their safety and health.

Jesus calls us to serve. I am answering the call even if it just in a small way.

I hope you will join me to transform the lives of babies and their mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)