Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Best Sermon I have ever heard







Romans 8:35-39

New International Version (NIV)
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[a]
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[b] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Our Sermon was on the following verse today and it was the best sermon I have heard. That is saying something since I have been going to church since I was a young child. Anyway, this sermon was broken into 3 parts. The first part was the Question: What/who can separate us from the Love of Christ? The verse goes on to explain that absolutely nothing can separate us from the love of God. We live in a broken world and we have so many different distractions that we allow to distract us such as school, stress, bombardment, persecution, economic issues and violence. 


The second part of the sermon said that NOTHING should separate us from the love of God. My pastor mentioned that if there would be exclamations in the greek there would have been exclamations to express the power behind this word. Not even life or death will separate us from the Love of God. He loves us so much and has a plan for each of our lives. 


The third part sort of reiterated what the above portion had said. NOTHING can separate us from the love of Christ. Not supernatural powers, or an uncertain future, other humans and our families and friends should not separate us from the Love of God. He longs to have a relationship and dare I say a friendship with each and every one of us. He loves us more than we will ever know. For those of you that have kids, you love your children and care about your children. well God loves us 1000000000000 more times than we love our kids and family and friends. 


"For I know the Plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give a hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)


God loves you no matter what you have done, what season of life you are in now and what you will do in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)