Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Definition of Love


NOTE: This post was from my Tumblr blog and now that I am blogging on blogger, I wanted to post it over here as to not loose the content.


The Definition of Love
Hi Readers! I am delighted to share with you today on Cat’s blog. I wanted to share about my definition of love. I have been thinking about this topic a lot because of all the summer weddings that have taken place lately. I find myself dreaming about my wedding day and the day that I will walk down the isle to marry my one and only. While love and marriage are beautiful things I believe that there are two definitions to love: The world and Religion. 
I tend to favor the religious view of love seeing as I am a Christian. But I also see the view of the world. I don’t think that the world is wrong in their definition., love is a feeling yes. The love you have for your spouse or your boyfriend or girlfriend is something deep and profound. But to me love is just not a feeling. Love is an action. 
I believe in the Bible and I believe that Jesus died on the cross. He died for my sins and for yours. God sent his ONLY son to die for all of our sins no matter if we believe in him or not. He sacrificed his son so that we could have LIFE. He payed all of our sins so that we wouldn’t have to do it ourselves. I was listening to a song the other day that was talking about how great it was that God is was willing to send his son. Because as the song says, it should have been each and every one of us that went to that cross for our sins. But it did not happen that way. It happened just the way that God intended. 
Yes love is a feeling but love is also a profound action of selflessness. The love of the world is something that is fleeting and based on feeling. While the Love that comes when one believes in Jesus is something that is everlasting and solid.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)