Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fall




Source


Fall is in the air
and yet a hint of summer still remains
pants and sweaters cover up our small frames
to shield us from the chill
breath cascades out of mouths
like wind
leaves turn rainbow colors
of orange, yellow and brown
the outside slowly
becomes dying, dying
until fall is pushed away
by winter
but for now 
we shed our comfort for warmth
welcome fall
so good to see you again

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a college campus to bring on awesome fall thoughts. A poem I wrote that ways always very dear to me was about fall, inspired by a tree that was changing color right outside the journalism building at Kent. Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I loved falls during college especially. The beautiful campus a football season. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)