Saturday, November 9, 2013

30 days of Thankfulness: Quotes

Sometimes you have just run of words to write about and want to use someone else's words for a time so today I bring to you a bunch of quotes that I love and find encouraging. Enjoy!

“I want to see beauty. In the ugly, in the sink, in the suffering, in the daily, in all the days before I die, the moments before I sleep.” 
― Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are


“Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing.... Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away.” 
― Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are



“Our fall was, has always been, and always will be, that we aren’t satisfied in God and what He gives. We hunger for something more, something other.” 
― Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are


“Humbly let go. Let go of trying to do, let go of trying to control, let go of my own way, let go of my own fears. Let God blow His wind, His trials, oxygen for joy's fire. Leave the hand open and be. Be at peace. Bend the knee and be small and let God give what God chooses to give because He only gives love and whisper a surprised thanks. This is the fuel for joy's flame. Fullness of joy is discovered only in the emptying of will. And I can empty. I can empty because counting His graces has awakened me to how He cherishes me, holds me, passionately values me. I can empty because I am full of His love. I can trust.” 
― Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

“Heartache forces us to embrace God out of desparate, urgent need. God is never closer than when your heart is aching.” 
― Joni Eareckson Tada

“Sometimes God allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves.” 
― Joni Eareckson Tada, The God I Love

"God does call the qualified, he qualifies the called." -- Alyssa Barlow



"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Humble Service in the Body of Christ

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

(Romans 12:1-3)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)