Monday, November 4, 2013

30 days of Thankfulness: Professors


Here at school, I have some of the most amazing and caring professors. They put in LONG hours to help their students and they truly care about their students. I am so thankful that each one truly wants to be teaching here. They view their job not as a job but as a ministry.

I have truly enjoyed getting to know each of my professors but there is one in particular that I am super thankful for today. My communications professor. This woman is literally the hands and feet of Jesus. She is one of the most humble people that I have met. she is simple and doesn't attract attention to herself like so many women tend to do. I have learned so much by just watching how she interacts with others and especially how she interacts with other students.

She willing to sit with me and talk about homework for thirty minutes so that I understand an assignment. She is willing to talk to me after class about anything. She is willing to let me cry in front of her and that doesn't freak her out. She listens to me and doesn't tell me to stop talking. She deeply cares not just about me, but about all of the other students that she teaches. She is truly intentional with everyone that she meets and she spends time talking to every student that needs her time. She has seen me at my worst and at my best.

When she tells me that she is praying for me, I know that she means it. She incorporates her faith into her daily life like its needed to breathe. She prays at the end of each class no matter if we are a few minutes over time, thanking God for her students and for the material that she is teaching us. She makes her classes fun and is super knowledgeable in her subject area and she has so much wisdom to share.

She is not only my favorite professor but one of the best here at school. Without her I would not be where I am today. She has seen me grow in the last years and she is so understanding.

I don't think that some people understand how much they have an impact on someone's life. But this woman has had a huge impact on my life as a student. But most importantly as a Christian. She has challenged me in my faith and I have strived to go after God with the same zeal and passion that she does and has for him.

When this amazing woman goes to see Jesus some day, he is truly going to say:

"Well Done, Good and faithful servant. Well done"




4 comments:

  1. :) How blessed you are to have such good professors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are truly blessed to have professors who truly love their students (and their jobs)! I think that makes all the difference when it comes to learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference between whether a student learns something or not comes down to two things: the teacher and their motivation but mostly its the teacher :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)