Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 days of Thankfulness: Prayer

I am so thankful for the ability to pray and to have people pray over me. Even from the time that I was young, people were praying over me because of my rough entry into the world. But I have found it more fun to pray for others. I have always loved to pray for others but I seen a difference lately in some people that I have been praying for. I love telling people that God has laid them on my heart and having them tell me that what I was asking God for has been fixed or that they have seen a difference as a result of prayers being said for them by me and others. But I know that my prayers don't directly change things. The change happens when as a result of my prayers, God decides that the change is going to happen.

There have been other people that I have prayed for and change hasn't happened and I have been sad that prayer hasn't worked. But its not that the prayers haven't worked, God has just chosen to answer the request in a different way.

I have been learning that there is truly power in prayer and that God wants us to communicate with us and takes great delight when we choose to do so.

Psalm 4:1

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Colossians 4:2

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.


I am always thankful for a God who listens but I have been especially thankful lately for how God has been using prayer to change my life. 

If there is a way that I can pray for you, please let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)