Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Little Moments






Source











Ran across this quote from Ann Voskamp tonight.

“I am a hunter of beauty and I move slow and I keep the eyes wide, every fiber of every muscle sensing all wonder and this is the thrill of the hunt and I could be an expert on the life full, the beauty meat that lurks in every moment.

I hunger to taste life.

God.” 
― Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are


I want this to be true in my life again. So tonight I begin my list. My list of 1000 gifts, moments, ideas that give life meaning, bring beautiful, joy. eucharisteo.

1. the blue sky without a cloud in the sky

2. chocolate chip cookies rich with chocolate

3. friends who listen and listen and listen and don't tell you to shut up

4. music that lifts the soul and makes one want to scream from the rooftops

5. A Jesus who meets me right. where. I. am. Broken, tired and stressed. He meets with words to encourage and help me face the day ahead

6. The idea light bulb goes on when understanding and learning meet and kiss. and I smile because I am finally teaching, and my student, understanding.

7. a mother who prays for and loves me 

8. a family who loves and supports me

9. the cold crisp air of fall against my face

10. beauty in the busyness of life. Taking time to slow, down breath in the hurrying hours before its too late.

Journey with me. I dare you to start your own list. The way that God is showing you little snipits of his grace, joy. write them down and then share them with me. I would love to see what he is doing in your life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)