Friday, September 20, 2013

What's on your mind?

The above title is the prompt when posting something on the popular social media page, Facebook. Tonight, Blog world there is a lot on my mind.

1. relationships-- both genders. no I don't have a boyfriend. I will deff let you know when that happens. Until then, I am going to keep seeking the Lord on that issue. I was talking with a friend tonight about relationships and we were talking about how as women we all want to be loved and cherished be it by a guy or another girl. As women, we want to be known and cared for and a lot of us get that love and feeling of being cared for through a man. I have always been a firm believer in the fact that one should find out who they are and be confident in who he/she is before they go adding someone to the relationship.

I have also thought about relationships with friends. I have been thinking lately a lot about past relationships that I had in high school that I miss. we have sort of grown apart. but thats okay because I found other friends here at my college that are fantastic and Christ-centered. God has blessed me with so many amazing friends here at my college and I am forever grateful for. I just made a new friend the other day and she is awesome.

2. Thankfulness
I have written on the topic before and have loved reading the book 1000 gifts by Ann Voskamp. The book is so rich and beautiful and even though I am only on chapter four, I cannot wait to see what else Ann has to say. I am thinking that I am going to continue to make a list of things that I am thankful for. I started it a while ago and I stopped because life got in the way but it was a great way for me to really see the beautiful things that were truly around me. Take some time to be thankful and appreciate all that is around you.

3. Beauty
I have had quite the battle this week with this topic. As a young woman I have struggled with wanting to call myself and see myself as beautiful. It took me many years before I was able to call myself beautiful. But I have been able to wake up most days and call myself beautiful. In a society that tells women they need to be skinny and wear make up. I don't fit either of those criteria and so sometimes I get down on myself but I try and remember that the Lord made me in his image and that I am not alone and that he loves me exactly. the. way. I. am.

Just some random thoughts for your weekend!

Have a blessed one friends!



3 comments:

  1. I mostly stopped wearing makeup when I was going to school every day with younger girls--I realized what a big influence I could be, and I never want to be that extra person who teachers someone younger that it's shameful to go out without makeup on! It doesn't mean I never wear it--sometimes I want to wear makeup--but I never feel afraid or ashamed to be without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful! Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice words!
    thanks for stopping by the other day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)