Thursday, July 18, 2013

The beauty of the Unknown

I have been thinking a lot lately about the unknown and really the beauty of it. Yes the unknown can be super scary and it sometimes is really hard when we don't know what the future holds. But there is also an element of it that I am okay with. The fact that I don't have to be scared of the unknown because God already has it all planned out for me. I remember many times where I was scared of the unknown. I am sure that you have many stories too because as humans, we are trained to be scared of things that we don't know I feel like. Anyway, the time that I remember being most afraid of the unknown was when I was going to go off to college for my freshman year.

I remember there were two separate days that I woke up in the middle of the night and my brain just ran and would not shut up. So many fears pounded inside my head. What would my roommate look like? How would I get along with her? Would I do okay in college classes? There were so many others that I am sure went through my head during those nights but those are the ones that I was most worried about. I was up for about two hours before I was able to fall back asleep.

I remember the first day of my classes, I showed up 30 minutes early because I did not want to be late. It was silly of me but I was so scared of the unknown that I wanted to make sure that I got there early. But getting there early also had its disadvantages because I had nothing to do but sit and let my mind wonder. The first class went fine and I was happy to see that I would probably be fine in college. But I woke up day after day that year with the fear of the unknown.

Now here I am 2 years later, I am faced again with a big change that I have started to think about. In 2 years, I will be done with college and I will have to find a job. This scares me but if I learned anything from my other experiences, I know that God honestly does have a plan for me and he has a job already in place for me I just have to find it.

So my encouragement to you today if you are in a place where you are facing the unknown is if you pray then pray and ask God to help you. If you aren't a religious person then go and talk to family or close friends. I found that it really helped me when I was able to go and talk to someone about my fears and just have someone to listen to me.

Don't fear the unknown embrace it and hang on for the wild ride.



2 comments:

  1. This is so spot on. After college I struggled with being unhappy in the first job I took. I didn't understand that God had a bigger plan and from that experience I found my current job that I love. It's hard to have a trust in the unknown, but like you I believe that God has a master plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment and I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that struggles with this!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)