| Source |
I know I mentioned earlier in this post about a dare that I am going to participate in based off of Ann Voskamp's book 1000 gifts.
But after a day or two, I have decided that I am going to really take the dare and dive right in. I am going to keep a list of the things that I see as gifts, ordinary things that God has already given me. I am going to see if I can reach 1000 gifts. In the last 48 hours alone, I have recorded 122 simple and sometimes big gifts that I already have.
I am starting to learn that gifts aren't what you want but they are things that you already have.
Here is a sample of some things on my list.
- giving presents
- receiving gifts
- the ability to cough
- the ability to fight off sickness
- days off of school
- beauty in the small things
- packages from friends and family
- money for college
- a college degree
- presentations that force me out of my comfort zone
- books that force me to think
- 1000 gifts book that encouraged me to start this journal
- God’s overwhelming grace and love
- sleep that signals the end of the new day and yet the beginning of another where we are able to look out for those things that God would have for us.
- children singing
- beauty despite greasy hair
- the snow on the branches
- a smile in the midst of heartache
- books that encourage me
- books that challenge me
- people to serve and bless
- money that allows me to go on a missions trip
- hot showers that warm me up and rejuvenate me
- new music from Jenny simmons
I dare you, to pick up a pen, grab a piece of paper and start this amazing journey with me. I have noticed over the past few days that I am more happy and that I have smiled more despite my tiredness and weariness of life. I really think it makes a difference when we look at the simple things that we are thankful for in our daily lives.
Join me in this beautiful journey.

i started reading that book over christmas break and then didn't finish it! I really need to it was so good!
ReplyDelete