Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dear Society


Dear Society,

Sometimes I get so fed up with America and certain things that happen. Let me be clear that I am not picking out certain people. I have just seen some things lately that make me sick and make me realize how bad this world needs Jesus.

First of all, modesty. Let me tell you a secret: If girls dress in very revealing clothing that is not going to get them a man or a boyfriend. what is going to catch the man of an eye is a girl who is sweet and loving and wants to be treated for who she is on the inside and not for how she dresses on the outside. I get so sick of girls who feel like they have to show off skin. That is not attractive. It might make a guy want to look at you but it makes me not want to look at a girl and if its so bad sometimes I don't even want to talk to the person but that is rare. Anyway, God sees so much more worth in our insides and in our heart than he does our outside appearance. Yes, God says that we are supposed to treat our bodies as living sacrifices but he means both the inside and the outside. He knitted us together in our mother's wombs and he is proud of who he created. we are not mistakes. He honored us by creating us and we should honor him by taking care of what he has given us.

Secondly, Disability. I have ranted about this a lot. But just let me say again, we deserve respect and love just like you do. I am normal and I have hopes and dreams like you do. Some day, I want to get a job and maybe even have a family. Just because I have a disability, that should not be taken away from me. I read story after story of people with disabilities who have a family and who have a great life. There is a guy named Nick who has no arms and no legs and yet he got married and he is expecting his first child with his wife is the early months of 2013. I believe that no matter if you are disabled or not, you deserve a chance at life. God put everyone on the Earth for a particular purpose and he created each one in the perfect way that he wanted them to be created. Please respect those with disabilities and treat them like you would anyone else. All we are looking for is a friend and someone to accept us.

Thirdly, picketing the deaths of those in connecticut. Seriously. First of all, why would that place even call themselves a church with everything that they are doing. It makes me so sick. I feel as though they are only doing it for attention. I feel that they should just leave the grieving families alone and let them grieve and remember their loved ones that have died.

Finally, Shootings. They have to stop. Why do we think its okay to kill those who hurt us. I don't know a solution to the problem. But I know that it makes me so sad when every day on the news I hear about lives lost. Violence is not the answer and should never be the answer to our problems. It just makes me so sad that someone sees the need to end someone else's life just because they have issues with them. Sometimes there is no explanation to why something has happened. Sometimes things just happen. There is no need to blame anyone. There is no reason to blame someone to make us feel better because in the end that doesn't work.

All in all, I know that one thing remains. In the brokenness of this world, God's love NEVER fails and it never gives up and it never runs out no matter what. God is in control even in the darkest of the darkest times. He is there with us every step of the way.



Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.

Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)