Saturday, October 27, 2012

To My Future Husband






I live in an environment where weddings, engagements and dating is talked about and happens a lot it seems. I have thought a lot about my wedding day that I hope I will have some day. But recently I have started praying for the man that is going to blessed to become my future husband some day. I should preface this by saying that I have never dated anyone and that I do not currently have a boyfriend. With that being said, here is my letter.

Dear Future Husband,

I am so glad we have decided to spend the rest of our life together. I am so glad that the Lord has brought us together. I am so excited to spend the rest of my life together as one. The Lord designed you for me and I for you. We are a perfect match and I am so excited to see what the Lord is going to do in our relationship.

I pray that you have kept yourself pure before our marriage and that you were waiting for me in the same way that I have been waiting for you. I pray that you are a strong devoted Christian who loves the Lord and will lead my spiritually as we walk this life together.

Thank you for accepting me just the way that I am. Thank you for loving me despite my flaws and imperfections. I pray that you are someone who is smart, funny and that I really enjoy spending time with.

Most importantly, I pray that the Lord is the center of our relationship and that our relationship will always remain Christ centered. I pray that as I fall in love with you more and more each day, that we will both fall in love with the Lord more and more as the days pass.

I can't wait to see the crazy journey that the Lord has for us as couple and I am so excited to see where he leads us as a couple.

"For I know the Plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper and not to harm you. plans to give you a hope and a future. " (Jeremiah 29:11)

All my Love and devotion









4 comments:

  1. What a great note.

    I wrote something similar to my "future husband" years ago.

    And last December, when I least expected it, we met randomly. By March we were engaged and June 2012 we got married (:

    God has a great plan for each of us and things happen much quicker than we could ever imagine sometimes!

    Keep praying for him!
    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww what a sweet story. I am so happy for you. many blessings you and your new husband!! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. such a great idea to do this!!
    Keep praying & God will lead you to him!! He is out there waiting for you too.
    I am so excited to be along for the journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)