Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Not a Fan of Halloween

Today is October 31st, a day when many will pretend to be someone else for a day and walk around and ask for candy while they are dressed up as someone or something else. I have no problem with people dressing up. I used to dress up as a kid. But what I do have a problem with is all of the gory costumes that young kids wear. I also have a problem with the emphasis on scary things like haunted houses and ghosts and such. I am not saying that today is a bad day. I am just saying I don't agree with some of the things that happen on this day. I am not a huge fan of scary things either so as a kid, I hate going to certain houses because they would be really scary and have people dressed up in scary costumes.

Everyone please stay safe and have fun today!!

NOTE: I also wanted to say that these are my opinions and you don't have to agree with my opinions. I will respect your opinions and please respect mine.




Dear God,

On a day that is so christ-less and focused on so many scary and ghostly things. I pray that you would have your hand of protection over this day. Keep everyone safe as they are tick-or-treating. Keep children and families safe from harm at school and this evening. Help people to have fun too. God, be with those who are in the police force and give them extra energy and strength for what they might have to deal with today.

God, I remember the people who are affected by the hurricane. Thank you that the storm is past. Be with the relief workers as they are still cleaning up from the storm. Be with the police offers and hospitals as they are caring for all of the patients. Thank you that my family who is out east is safe from the storm. I pray for those who have lost loved ones that you would comfort them and allow them to grieve during this very difficult time. I pray for families who were split apart during this storm that they would quickly be reunited. I pray for people who are stranded that you would help them to hang on just a bit longer until help comes. Help the news to portray exactly what is happening and give us the facts about stories. Be with everyone in this situation and give them energy and strength as they face another day that is created by you.

Have a great and fun day!


6 comments:

  1. It's ok to be like that. Many people share your same views actually. My husband is one of them. He doesn't believe in Halloween and to me, it has always been my fav holiday. I'm the kind of person who if I weren't married, I would be a paranormal investigator. I love ghosts and things like that a lot. My husband thinks I'm crazy LOL.
    But I'm pretty ok with the scary stuff for Halloween. I'm a huge horror fanatic so I really love scary stuff. But what I absolutely hate on Halloween is seeing parents letting their children dress up like little sluts and hookers when they aren't even out of elementary school yet. That bothers me. Halloween is not an excuse to let your small child be a hooker...but then again, that is my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and for respecting my opinion. Thanks for also sharing your views. I just dont like scary stuff in general because I have a very imaginative mind so I get scared really easily. and yes I totally agree that I don't like seeing little kids dressed like adults or hookers or whatever. I also don't understand why a parent comes to the door for candy for their 3 month old kid. I think its awesome if they dress up but they aren't going to eat the candy. But then again, the parent might be dressing up the kid and caring around a basket so that they can just have the candy for themselves. I hope you had a nice day yesterday and know that I am praying for you as you prepare for the arrival of your baby boy. Blessings and have a great day!

      Delete
    2. I feel the same way when it comes to the really young children. I didn't have my first trick or treating experience until I was 5 years old and we did the same with our daughter. Last year when she turned 5, that was her first real door to door trick or treating experience. Anyone younger then that to me, it's just not the same. Plus we never allowed her to eat candy until 5 years old so it would just be upsetting to her to take her out and then take away all the candy, you know?
      And thank you :) I hope you have a wonderful day as well Jess

      Delete
    3. Yes I agree with everything you said. thats impressive that you held her off from the candy for so long actually. How did you do it?? Praying for you this weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Not a fan of Halloween, either. Never have really liked it. But, especially now, that I have a son with special needs, who has difficulty with many of these typical childhood experiences. I enjoyed reading many of your posts and admire your letters to God. I also write about my life, as it relates to my faith. Would love for you to check out my blog! http://peaceitalltogether.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will deff check out your blog. thanks for stopping by. If you haven't gathered, I have a disability too. Blessings to you and your family!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)