Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Two Very special people in my life are celebrating a birthday today!

The first being my amazing and beautiful cousin Tela. You can find her lovely blog HERE. I am so honored and blessed to call her my cousin. She inspires me what she posts on her blog and who she is as a person. We have great conversations and I am just really thankful to have her in my life. I am thankful that we have technology to keep us in contact. I can't wait to see her over thanksgiving. Tela, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great day and I love you SO much. I am so excited to hear how you are growing at college and what you are learning. I am so glad that you are enjoying yourself. I can't wait to see what else God has planned for your life!

Today is also the beautiful and Talented Joni Erickson Tada's birthday. Joni is the founder of a ministry called Joni and Friends. This ministry is very close to my heart as I have a disability also. I am so blessed by Joni and her willingness to serve the Lord even though she has a disability herself. Whenever I am having a bad day, I just look to Joni and think about all that she has gone through for her life. She had a diving accident at the age of 17 that left her paralyzed from the neck down. She has chronic pain daily and cannot feel from her waist down. Her latest battle is with breast cancer which she has defeated with the help of the Lord. She is one of my true heros and a dear friend and sister in Christ. I am so blessed to have her in my life. Joni, I hope that you have a beautiful and blessed day. Thank you for all that you have done for the kingdom of God. You inspire me and encourage me to go out and encourage others and make a difference for the kingdom of God. Thank you for your ever encouraging spirit and upbeat attitude. You look beautiful and you so do NOT look your age. I pray that God gives you many more years on this beautiful earth.

You can learn more about Joni HERE

Her episode on cancer is very touching and I would encourage you to watch it. Joni's Journey with cancer

Blessings to the both of you.

I love you both!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I read and try to reply to every comment. Have a blessed day!! :)