The Power of prayer
As I come to a close of my first year at college. I reflect on everything that has happened and all that God has taught me. There are many things that God has taught me, but one of the main things was the power of prayer. I have prayed a lot this year and sometimes God has answered and other times he hasn’t answered. In the times that he hasn’t answered, I have felt disappointed but then I remember that not every time that we ask God for something, he isn’t guaranteed to answer.
Earlier today, I was talking with a close friend of mine that I have met while I have been here at school. We were talking about some things that were going on in her life. As the conversation came to a close, I felt the Lord prompting me to pray for her. You have to understand 2 things: God doesn’t prompted me to do many things. Okay, sometimes I decide not to listen which is something that I am working on. But in addition, I am a very shy person and I am not someone that listens to my friends and then offers them prayer, so this was something that was new for me.
I then proceed to ask my friend if I could pray for her and she said yes of course. I prayed a sort of lengthly prayer just thanking God for my friend and for what a blessing she has been in my life and a few other things. I finished the prayer and we both opened our eyes and the first thing she said to me was “Your prayers are so beautiful, I could listen to you pray all day” At first i was sort of taken aback by this because I did not think it was that great of a prayer but then I decided to accept the compliment and i smiled and I was really blessed and encouraged by what she said to me. I am so blessed with this friend and I am so glad that God has brought us together.
Prayer is powerful and pray can change things.
Don’t ask God for things if you aren’t prepared to receive.
It is amazing what can happen when we take a step back and actually do what god tells us to. God blessed you in this moment by allowing you to bring comfort to your friend! God is good
ReplyDelete